Who wants a fat quarter?

I am sure that anyone that has set up a business, whether large or small would agree with me that it is not an easy task.† For me it has been an incredible learning experience and Iím sure this will carry on as long as I am trading.† Taking decisions is a daily task, sometimes I get it right, sometimes not so right.

When I set up the Fabric Loft I decided to sell by the length and not by fat quarter.† Fat Quarters would only be sold in bundles.† The reason is simple, I never buy a single FQ.† I couldnít bear not knowing how the whole pattern of a fabric looks, what if I had missed the best part of it by only buying a fraction of the total width of the roll?† And if the pattern is small? Well, I just want the whole width of width of the fabric, even if is just to brighten up my stash.

But we are all not the same, and not everybody thinks like me (and sometimes that is a good thing believe me!).† So I have decided to make a few changes and sell both Fat Quarters and by the length to please you all!

Check the chart below to know what you would need to enter in the box depending on how much fabric you want:

fat quarter 0.25
1.2 metre 0.50
3/4 metre 0.75
1 metre 1
1 ľ metres 1.25
1 Ĺ metres 1.5
1 ĺ metres 1.75
2 metres 2

Fat Quarters shown above from top row left to right:

Bali Gate in Periwinkle, AmyButler’s Love Collection

Glamour in Multi, Tanya Whelan’s Dolce Collection

Mod Cirles in Pink by Dena Design’s Leanika Collection

Hedgehog Meadog, Michael Miller Big E

Haul It in Red, Michael Miller

Dino Dude, Michael Miller Boy Prints

Second Row from left to right:

1930′s White Flowers reprint

Thistle Leaf, Denyse Smidth’s Hope Valley Colelction

Mod Kitchen in Navy by Helen Dardik

Apple Dot by Sandi Henderson

Bite Me in Lime, Michael Miller

Swing Toss by Heather Bailey

Tags: ,

14 Responses to “Who wants a fat quarter?”

1. Fiona says:

I think with everyone being so short of money at the moment it’s easier to be able to buy small amounts of fabric, and allows you to try out fabrics without buying loads of it.

Bet they’ll sell well for you :-)

2. I understand totally why you haven’t sold them before, but like Fiona says, sometimes it’s quite nice just to get a bit of something. And of course, if you are making something small, or patchworking, then FQs are brilliant. I hope they do really well for you. I will try and remember to put your news in my fabric update tomorrow.. :)

3. Elaine says:

I’ve only recently started buying fat quarters and am surprised at what you can make out of one ! Hope you do well :-)

4. Like you I feel like am missing something when I buy a FQ, but have started doing lots of interesting things with them. Maybe ask customers to post pix of things they have finished to help the ideas flow!

5. Jenny says:

I think it’s a good idea and so is selling it by length which some shops don’t do.
    I must say I like buying FQ’s when the print is small, it’s also a good way of seeing what a print is like before spending too much money!

6. [...] fabric in shorter lengths than she has previously done – you can read more about it on The Fabric Loft blog. ¬†I think it’s a really good idea – especially in these times when we’re all [...]

7. Enrique says:

Aww izzy’s gonna have her own space. Are you thinking about a tleoddr bed? Jasmine still loves hers. She feels like a big girl. She gets in a pulls the covers up to her chin. Its the cutest thing!.Congrats again girly. I’m so happy for you guys and your new home. Jas and I may upgrade next year but I don’t plan on owning a home, maybe not ever lol. I’ll see if time changes my mind. Lolkrissy recently posted..[] Reply:March 4th, 2011 at 12:15 PMAww, that so cute! Her crib converts all the way to a (twin size, i think) regular bed, but we’re keeping her in the crib for now. I don’t think Izzy would stay in the bed if she has the ability to get out, lol! We might try it out in a few months though![] Reply:March 4th, 2011 at 12:37 PMJas gets out of her bed times but I make her get her tail right back in there lol. But a converter crib is a good thing. If I had one I would be using that lol. Can’t wait to see what you do with her room. I love makeover/home improvement/diy type things lolkrissy recently posted..[]

8. UGG ____ __ says:

Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after looking at many of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
    Nonetheless, I’m certainly happy I discovered
    it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back frequently!

Check out my web blog :: UGG ____ __

9. ______ ____ says:

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your article
    seem to be running off the screen in Ie. I’m not sure if this is a formatting
    issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to
    let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope
    you get the issue resolved soon. Many thanks

My site :: ______ ____

10. Sammy says:

Released іn thе Journal oof Experimental
    Social Psychology, tɦе study ingolved 257
    college students (133 women, 124 mеn and 133) that ѡere evaluated prior tο and after playing еither non-violent οr
    violent video games forr 20 minutes. Sߋ things like
    enlargement іs рresent іn tҺere,
    adjusting tҺе colours all you could ρotentially require
    іf үߋu may need thе accessibility qualities іn
    that specific ρoint. I’ve tried tҺіs wjth ѕeveral gigagyte data from
    issues like Vice place and all types օf games aոd it
    гeally աorks completely spot-оn.

My site carmageddon 4 (Sammy)

11. This actuually could be far from the truth, and you could accidentally pay far too much for
    the printing supplies that you need. From the Brother you can expect to get good uality Laser Toners and Color Laser Toners.
    Toner is often selected over traditional ink because the cartridges are
    very large and hold a good amount of toner.

Sttop by my web blog – toner cartridge recycling indianapolis

12. my web site: theme park pc game free download – http://alturl.com/a9ndw,

13. Even if these are notable astrological events we are having a
    little breather after being hammered by all those strong constellations lately.
    They may love to rock the boat and make waves, but they are always willing to help
    put things right when they create real problems for people.
    I’m sure I missed some of you, so grab a nametag and stick it on your fur.

My webpage shovel knight barry title company

14. Peering through a microscope, he was able to observe the gum
    stain at a magnification of 10 times.

For more information have a look at my little pony coloring sheets