Christmas Presents in the making

This year, as with the last few years, I have taken a pledge that it will be a homemade Christmas.  It wouldn’t be fair to say that I have failed previous years, because quite a few of the presents that we gave were in fact homemade… not all were made at my home, but in someone else’s home, and yes, I did made a few with my very own hands.

I thought that Christmas 2010 was going to be a bit different, and my house was going to resemble Santa’s workshop than just clicking away at Amazon for last minute presents.  The truth is that many of our clients are indeed creative crafters that make wonders with fabrics they have bought from The Fabric Loft, so they are keeping me busy and leaving me very little spare time to make my own presents.  I am happy to know that they are busy as well selling their goodies in Christmas Fairs all over the country and a few abroad too (yeap we are international now!).

The clock is ticking and I had to find pretty things that wouldn’t take ages to make, I hit the target when I got Fat Quarterly‘s Holiday Special Edition.  I made the sweetest doll ever designed by Katy Jones from I’m a Ginger Monkey.  It is one of those projects that are easy and quick to make and once you finish it you end up with such a great feeling!

I am on a roll now and have a few fabrics pinned together ready to be the next smiley long legged doll… will post more pictures soon in our Facebook page, but in the mean time, feel free to check the ones I’ve published on our Flickr page.

Initially made to be given away... now I'm really considering keeping it for myself :)

Fabrics used:

Head: Tiny Flowers by Sevenberry

Body: Henna Garden by Sandi Henderson

‘Supermodel’ long legs: Sun Spots in Turquoise by Amy Butler

Tags: , , , , ,

8 Responses to “Christmas Presents in the making”

1. Margarida says:

Oh yes! An international and reknown shop :-)))

This doll is so sweet. I would give it away – can you imagine the smile of who receives it as a present???

2. [...] Visit link: Christmas Presents in the making « The Fabric Loft [...]

3. Jenny says:

She is lovely so cute.
    I’m terrible at still sewing away Xmas Eve trying to get all my gifts finished, every year I say I’ll be more prepared!
    But our Xmas wouldn’t be complete without the last minute rush!

4. Suzy says:

What a gorgeous doll! I’m terrible with presents and confess never do much.

5. helen says:

its just a shame you can’t knit or sew lego, the main christmas gift i seem to give! my son, my brother, my dad (aged 72! who started collecting it this year and now has a whole train layout of it which keeps getting him invited to display it at train fairs!) my godson etc etc!

6. Fiona says:

So cute, I can understand you not wanting to give it away! I can plans to handmake gifts this year too and just havent had the time at all so have had to buy them all! Maybe if I start making soon I can make some for next xmas!

7. Silvia says:

Lizzet esta super linda! el patron viene del blog I’am a ginger monkey?
    Me encanta hacerle munecas a mi Ana, le estoy haciendo una para navidad, y esta parece que no esta muy dificil de hacer me equivoco? me gustaria mucho poder hacersela… aunque ahorita ando con los preparativos del bautizo… espero tener tiempo de hacerla.

Yo también este anio quiero que aunque sea la mitad de mis regalos sean “home made” ou “fait maison” pero no se si vaya a tener el tiempo; Lo mas seguro es que haga puras bufandas, es facil y una bufanda siempre es util. je

Besos para ti ;-)

8. Shevvy says:

Oh God, she’s adorable! Keep her! Keep Her!